If you are taking a prescription medication, it’s critical to take it as directed by your physician, which includes not skipping doses because you forgot to refill it or don't remember when you are supposed to take them.
Our patented medication adherence packaging system makes it easy for you to stay on track with your regimen.
No more fumbling with prescription bottles trying to remember what time to take which pill. No more sorting your medication into tiny pill boxes that pop open in your purse or briefcase.
We organize all your medications by day and time of day into a convenient, portable blister package so you can spend less time managing your medication and more time living your life.
It's an easy-to-use multi-dose packaging system that minimizes the confusion and risk associated with taking multiple medications and virtually eliminates medication errors.
Patients can take medications autonomously, which increases their sense of dignity and independence. It’s a perfect solution for all types of care environments, including assisted living facilities, adult day care, group homes, domiciliary care homes, hospice care centers and homes for the developmentally challenged.
This multi-dose packaging system tracks and controls your total drug regimen through specially designed, color-coded dosage packets. Medications, both prescribed and over-the-counter, are placed in the packets based upon the time of day, day of week, and the day of month the medications should be taken. Portions may also be detached to allow for the ultimate in convenience and portability without the need for additional handling.
Klein's AssureMed Solutions in Cuyahoga Falls will prepare multi-dose packaging systems for up to a thirty-day supply of medication. We also offer delivery within Summit County, Ohio, at no additional charge.
Medication synchronization involves a pharmacy staff member looking up a patient’s medications, and then syncing all prescriptions for pickup on a single day each month. We use this proactive approach to contact patients, review their medications, refill their prescriptions, and provide educational resources.
Med-Sync has countless benefits for your overall health
- Adhere better to your medication treatment plan since you’ll automatically receive refills on time.
- Have better control over your medication.
- Have the necessary tools to keep up with your medicine regimen.
- Have freedom from worrying about running out of your medications.
- Know prescriptions are ready on the pick-up date selected by you and your Klein’s pharmacist.
- Have fewer deliveries to the home or trips to the pharmacy – you’ll pick up all your medications at Klein’s on the same day each month.
- Work closely with the Klein’s Pharmacy team – together, we’ll ensure you stick to your medicine plan and have more time for additional patient care services.
Who are good candidates for Med-Sync?
ANYONE taking medications on a monthly basis will benefit from the Med-Sync program at Klein’s, including:
- Patients taking multiple, ongoing monthly medications.
- Patients new to ongoing drug therapy.
- Patients with known challenges with taking medications on a consistent basis.
- Patients who rely on the assistance of a caregiver for their pharmacy needs.
- Patients who find travel to the pharmacy difficult.
What is a “Sync Date?”
The “sync date” is when all refills are aligned for refill.
We work with your doctor’s office to synchronize ALL YOUR MEDICATIONS around your most critical prescription. Your doctor’s nurse might order several “short fills” to ensure all your refills are due on the same date. Then, you’ll visit Klein’s Pharmacy once – on the same date each month – to pick up your medications.
What are “Anchor” Medications?
“Anchor” medications are prescription drugs that have the most specific regulations, like pain medications. Such regulatory requirements influence the sync date because of strict dispensary laws.
If you do not have a medication with strict refill regulations, the “anchor” medication(s) are chosen based on your prescription’s next fillable due date.
Let us help you simplify your health and well-being!